THE WASHINGTON POST
Posted by Jennifer Rubin on April 29, 2013 at 5:27 pm
It is a shopworn technique of hard-line conservatives to declare themselves men and women of principle in contrast to those other Republicans — the ones, you know, who pass legislation and try to represent their constituents. It is both self-serving (presuming principles are of no matter to opponents) and lazy in that it is always easy to say no, ridicule compromise and remain pristine rather than trying to improve legislation or introduce an alternative.
I’m sorry to say Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) is too often falling into the reflexive habit of voting no on everything and then mocking his colleagues.
- Ted Cruz Trashes Fellow Senators To TX FreedomWorks Members (crooksandliars.com)
- Sen. Cruz: GOP colleagues ‘yelling’ at us for filibuster threat (thehill.com)
- Oops: Jennifer Rubin’s Lefty Roots Are Showing (riehlworldview.com)
- Cruz: GOP Senators Yelled at Me for Supporting Gun Filibuster (nationalreview.com)
- David Letterman Calls Sen. Ted Cruz a ‘Stooge’ For Opposing Gun Control (breitbart.com)
- Cruz slams Senate GOP ‘squishes’ (politico.com)
- Obama’s Political Army Targets Sen. Ted Cruz’s Office for Direct Protest (pjmedia.com)