“The Devil made me do it,” said Miss Geraldine Jones.
Boston Bomber Accomplices
“Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and three friends urgently decide to watch a movie after the terrorist attack. (02:51)”
PROVIDENCE, R.I.Rhode Island on Thursday became the nation’s 10th state to allow gay and lesbian couples to wed, as a 16-year effort to extend marriage rights in this heavily Roman Catholic state ended with the triumphant cheers of hundreds of gays, lesbians, their families and friends.
Gov. Lincoln Chafee signed the bill into law on the Statehouse steps Thursday evening following a final 56-15 vote in the House. The first weddings will take place Aug. 1, when the law takes effect.
“I’ve been waiting 32 years for this day, and I never thought it would come in my lifetime,” said Raymond Beausejour, a 66-year-old gay North Providence man who has been with his partner for 32 years. “For the first time in my life, I feel welcome in my own state.”
- Colorado ushers in same-sex marriage with midnight unions
- Poll: U.S. Catholics back same-sex marriage
After Chafee signed the bill, the hundreds of people who gathered on the Statehouse grounds erupted into cheers as a chorus sang “Chapel of Love.”
“Now, at long last, you are free to marry the person that you love,” Chafee told the crowd.
Caroline Starks, Burkesville, Kentucky: 5-year-old boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister
THEY MARKET SPECIAL RIFLES FOR CHILDREN
- All Out: Hayes Pulls MSNBC Numbers Down (freebeacon.com)
- April Ratings: Fox Dominates, MSNBC In Free Fall (Chris Hayes Hit Hardest) (breitbart.com)
- MSNBC’s Hayes Sees ‘Insane Right-Wing Dystopia’ and ‘Voter Suppression’ in NC (newsbusters.org)
- Chris Hayes nails it again @chrislhayes #inners (digbysblog.blogspot.com)