THE DAILY CALLER
Reporter, The Daily Caller News Foundation
“Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren introduced legislation this week that would increase federal student loan subsidies by lowering interest rates for a year and funding them through the Federal Reserve.
The bill is called the Bank on Student Loans Fairness Act, and represents Warren’s solution to the student debt crisis. It would set interest rates for federally-subsidized student loans at 0.75 percent for one year.
The current interest rate is 3.4 percent, but will double on July 1st unless Congress intervenes.” [QUOTE]
- Warren: Student-Loan Rate Should Be Same as Banks (dailyfinance.com)
- Elizabeth Warren fights for student loan fairness (examiner.com)
- She Went There: Elizabeth Warren Proposes Offering College Students The Same Interest Rates As Banks (freakoutnation.com)
- Elizabeth Warren: Students should get the same loan rate as big banks (dailykos.com)
- Double Our Student Loans? Not If We Can Help Elizabeth Warren Help Us… (reallifefacts4u.wordpress.com)
- Elizabeth Warren: Students shouldn’t pay a higher rate than banks (tv.msnbc.com)
- Congress Should Pass Elizabeth Warren’s Bill Lowering Student Loan Rates (ourfuture.org)
- Warren bill would ease student loan interest rates (bostonherald.com)
- Elizabeth Warren: Give Students the Same Deal As Big Banks (readersupportednews.org)
- Elizabeth Warren: Students Should Get the Same Rate as the Bankers (business.time.com)