By Elisha Fieldstadt
The possibilities when it comes to marketing meat made from marijuana-fed animals are close to endless, but the man who came up with the idea has decided to simply call them “Pot Pigs.”
In fact, he doesn’t even smoke, he said.
Von Scheneidau said the notion came to him when he met the owners of a weed dispensary who told him that, ever since marijuana was legalized in Washington via popular vote last year, they’ve had extra stems, stalks, and leaves to get rid of.
He simply asked them if he could take what they were planning to throw out, as he once did with a farmer’s rotting cantaloupes.
- Seattle butcher shop finds success in marijuana fed pork (kfor.com)
- Jesse tries BB Ranch’s pot-fed pork (nwcn.com)
- Farmer Feeds Marijuana to Pigs, Says Sales Are High (ktla.com)
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into pork roast (denverpost.com)
- Pot-Eating Pigs: Seattle Farmer Feeds Pigs Pot Refuse (theepochtimes.com)
- Weed Fed Pigs Don’t Get High (animalnewyork.com)
- Seattle Butcher Sells Prosciutto Made From Marijuana-Fed Pigs (friendseat.com)
- Those “Pot-Fed Pigs” Aren’t Getting High, But Possibly Healthier (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Marijuana fed meat for sale in Seattle (gauchoranchgrillboutique.wordpress.com)
- Bacon just got better, made from stoned pigs (newsfixnow.com)