The Interfax news agency also quoted an unidentified Russian security source in Moscow as saying that Snowden wasn’t on the plane.
The airline said earlier Snowden registered for the flight using his U.S. passport, which American officials say has been annulled.
After spending a night in Moscow’s airport, the former National Security Agency contractor — and admitted leaker of state secrets — had been expected to fly to Cuba and Venezuela en route to possible asylum in Ecuador.
- Snowden has ticket to Cuba, may go to Venezuela: Russian reports (scooprocket.com)
- NSA whistleblower due to leave Moscow for asylum bid in Ecuador (thetimes.co.uk)
- WikiLeaks: Snowden going to Ecuador to seek asylum (kgw.com)
- Intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden due to leave Moscow for Ecuador after asylum application (theblogspaper.wordpress.com)
- US: Snowden shouldn’t be allowed to travel to Ecuador (zdnet.com)
- Ecuador: Snowden seeking asylum (abcactionnews.com)