By Amritha John
The clump of hair was sold by the Rolling Stone’s former girlfriend Chrissie Shrimpton, who is also the sister of 1960s English model Jean Shrimpton and first met Jagger when he was still an unknown student at the London School of Economics.
The hair, which comes in an envelope bearing the message “Mick Jagger’s hair after being washed + trimmed by Chris at Rose Hill Farm,” was sold on Wednesday to raise money for the Changing Faces charity, which works with people who have suffered facial disfigurements.
- Lock of Mick Jagger’s hair sells for $6,000 at auction (dawn.com)
- Lock of Mick Jagger’s hair sells for 4k (contactmusic.com)
- How much?! Eager bidder spends £4000 on a lock of Mick Jagger’s hair (metro.co.uk)
- Mick Jagger’s Hair Sells for $6,000 at Auction (aceshowbiz.com)
- Lock of Mick Jagger’s hair sells for $6,000 at auction (realnewsnow.com)
- Someone Spent A Ridiculous Amount On A Lock Of Mick Jagger’s Hair (huffingtonpost.com)
- Clump of Mick Jagger’s hair sells at auction for £4,000 (while Keith Richards’s only goes for £900) (dailymail.co.uk)