But there was one guest the singer didn’t expect to see at her wedding — a remote-controlled drone.
German publication Der Spiegel reported Thursday that Turner and Bach went to great lengths to keep prying eyes from invading their nuptials, even hanging red cloth in the garden at Turner’s estate on Lake Zurich to block the wedding from view. However, freelance photographer Claudio Meier, who knew a snapshot of the celebration would fetch a pretty penny, decided to fly a remote-controlled drone over the wedding to get a picture.
Swiss tabloid photographer Toto Marti did manage to snap a photo of the event from within a small airplane, but in that case he was actually in the plane.
The newlyweds shared their wedding photos with HELLO! soon after the event. Turner donned a nontraditional black and green gown by Georgio Armani, and requested that all of her female guests wear white, while male guests were asked to wear black.
Turner and Bach have been together for 27 years. Of her marriage, Turner told HELLO!, “It’s a wonderful place to be.” [FULL QUOTE]
- Tina Turner’s Wedding in Zurich (arabiaweddings.wordpress.com)
- Paparazzi use drones to film Tina Turner’s wedding… (betabeat.com)
- Tina Turner’s Wedding: Snapper Used Drone (news.sky.com)
- tina turner says marriage is ‘wonderful’ after tying knot in black lace wedding dress (thesun.co.uk)
- Tina Turner savours married life (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Tina Turner: “I’ve reached my Nirvana” (tinaturnerblog.com)
- Tina Turner’s Wedding: Snapper Used Drone (thedronenews.wordpress.com)
- Tina Turner’s Wedding: Snapper Used Drone (thedronenews.com)
- Tina Turner Marries Decades-Long Beau Erwin Bach (people.com)