BY SY MUKHERJEE
Politico reported Tuesday evening that Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s (R) administration is in negotiations with the Obama White House to accept about $100 million in federal money to implement an Obamacare Medicaid program to help elderly and disabled Americans.
Perry has been a heated opponent of the health law. He refused to accept $100 billion in federal funding to expand Texas’ Medicaid program under Obamacare, which could have helped 1.5 million poor Texans afford basic health benefits. As recently as April, Perry essentially called the expansion a joke. “Seems to me April Fool’s Day is the perfect day to discuss something as foolish as Medicaid expansion, and to remind everyone that Texas will not be held hostage by the Obama administration’s attempt to force us into the fool’s errand of adding more than a million Texans to a broken system,” said Perry.
Now, Perry is seeking federal dollars for Texas’ Medicaid program anyway.
- Rick Perry Quietly Lobbies The White House For $100 Million In Obamacare Funding (syndicatednewsservices.com)
- Rick Perry Seeks Obamacare Funding For Texans – While Continuing Attack On Obamacare (theobamacrat.com)
- Rick Perry Seeks Obamacare Funding For Texans – While Continuing Attack On Obamacare (kstreet607.com)
- Perry aide: Texas request for health law funds ‘isn’t about ObamaCare’ (thehill.com)
- Dumb Texas Governor Rick Perry Hates Obamacare, Would Like Some Obamacare Please (wonkette.com)
- Perry Reportedly Considering Obamacare Deal (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rick Perry Seeks Obamacare Funding For Texans (huffingtonpost.com)
- Perry Seeks Obamacare Funding While Continuing Attack On Health Law (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obamacare critic Perry seeks cash from law (politico.com)