CHRIS HAYES, HOST: Mr. Secretary, thank you so much for making the time today.
I really appreciate it.
JOHN KERRY, SECRETARY OF STATE: I’m very happy to be with you.
If the U.S. attacks Syria, do those men in those videos become, by definition, our allies?
KERRY: No. In fact, I believe that those men in those videos are disadvantaged by an American response to the chemical weapons use because it, in fact, empowers the moderate opposition.
We all know there are about 11 really bad opposition groups — so-called opposition. They’re not — they’re fighting Assad. They are not part of the opposition that is being supported by our friends and ourselves. That is a moderate opposition. They condemn what has happened today and they will — they are and we are busy separating the support we’re getting from any possibility of that support going to these guys.
- John Kerry to Chris Hayes: “We’re not going to war!” (salon.com)
- John Kerry Warns of More Syrian Extremists If Congress Votes No (abcnews.go.com)
- Inaction against Syria would embolden Islamists: Kerry (thehindu.com)
- Kerry says failing to strike Syria will feed rebel extremism (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Syria’s Assad: ‘I’ve Met John Kerry 5 Times’ (Video) (hapblog.com)
- Putin On Kerry: ‘He Is Lying And He Knows That He Is Lying .This Is Sad’ (undergroundpoliticsdotorg.wordpress.com)
- “A Strike Against Syria Forecloses the Possibility of a Political Solution”: Bassam Haddad on MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Show (jadaliyya.com)
- John Kerry: Arabs Will Finance Our War (undergroundpoliticsdotorg.wordpress.com)
- John Kerry: US inaction on Syria would send a terrible message (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Picture That John Kerry Really Doesn’t Want You To See – A Nice Cosy Dinner With ‘Very Generous’ Assad (streetdemocracy.wordpress.com)