First on CNN: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has turned down a Russian request to meet to discuss Syria, his office says, making it unclear if any U.S. lawmakers will sit down with a planned delegation from Moscow.
This comes less than a day after House Speaker John Boehner rejected a similar request from the Russian government.
A spokesman for the Russian embassy would not comment on the declined requests. “We are still working on the visit,” Maxim Abramov said.
Click here to read the full story.
Follow breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile apps.
——————————– Crossfire Returns Monday Let the Debate Begin! Watch Weeknights 6:30 ET on CNN CNN.com/Crossfire ——————————–
- Breaking News! Harry Reid Turns Down Russian Request to Meet Regarding Syria. (tacdnews.com)
- Russians send official request to meet with U.S. Congress (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- John Boehner Turns Down Russian Diplomats’ Request For A Meeting To Discuss Syria (huffingtonpost.com)
- First on CNN: Russians turned down, again (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Boehner Rejects Request To Meet With Russian Delegation On Syria (undergroundpoliticsdotorg.wordpress.com)
- Reid, Boehner decline to meet Russian MPs over Syria (dailystar.com.lb)
- Snub: Harry Reid, turns down request to meet with Russians (al.com)
- Russia again rejected on Hill meeting (ksat.com)