“Although Fitch continues to believe that the debt ceiling will be raised soon, the political brinkmanship and reduced financing flexibility could increase the risk of a U.S. default,” the rating agency wrote in a statement.
The three main credit rating agencies have all warned, in varying degrees, that the United States’ rating could be cut if it hit the Oct. 17 deadline when Washington is expected to run out of cash to pay its bills.
- Fitch Puts US Credit Rating on Negative Watch (wilx.com)
- Fitch puts US credit rating under review for downgrade – another scam ? (patriotnetdaily.com)
- Reid says downgrade could be imminent (wyff4.com)
- Fitch threatens US ratings review if no deal (worldbulletin.net)
- SCENARIOS-U.S. credit rating again in danger of downgrade (uk.reuters.com)