Man Dies After Swallowing $54,000 Worth of Meth He Thought Was a Health Drink

NewsFeed

Romano Dias only thought he was drinking a harmless health drink, but after swallowing it and complaining it was “awful” and that it led to an irritated throat, it turned out to be his last swig.

The 55-year-old who lived in Cambridgeshire, U.K., consumed what he thought was a fruit beverage, but in reality it was $54,000 of pure crystal methamphetamine, Cambridge News reported. The deadly bottle was delivered to his daughter Katee’s home three years ago, with the right address but the wrong name on the package. She kept it, believing someone would come to claim it. Six months passed and she finally opened the parcel, finding the bottles, which she gave to her father some undetermined time later.

Dias’ partner Debra  told authorities that he opened the bottle, whose label led him to believe what he was drinking was safe, and removed a cork that he found…

View original post 112 more words