|“Give up all bad qualities in you, banish the ego and develop the spirit of surrender. You will then experience Bliss.”|
|Sri Sathya Sai Baba quotes (Indian Spiritual leader, b.1926)|
In a hypothetical race, 54% of Americans polled said they would vote for Obama while 43% said they preferred Romney.
In the same poll, Obama’s approval rating inched above the 50% mark for the first time since May, with 51% of respondents saying they approve of the job he’s doing and 45% disapproving.
Meanwhile, 48% of respondents said they have favorable view of the Democratic Party. The Republican Party’s favorable rating dropped to 35%, with nearly six in 10 Americans saying they have an unfavorable view of the GOP. [CNN]
- The Whitehouse Must Smiling! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Poll: Obama leads narrowly in Florida, Ohio (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama leads GOP rivals in three battleground states (politico.com)
- Obama’s approval rating up to 50%: Poll – TODAYonline (todayonline.com)
- Obama’s approval rating returns to positive territory (thegrio.com)
- Medvedev Zings Romney: It’s 2012, Not the ’70s (newser.com)
“If Republicans seem spooked to you these days, here’s why.
“President Obama’s political comeback over the past several months aligns neatly with when he began more aggressively attacking the GOP and politicking for economic growth and equality back in September.
“But over that same stretch, the economy began moving in the right direction. Indicators of economic growth started moving upward, and the eye-popping indications of economic weakness started moving downward. That’s surely had an effect. And if the trends continue, it augurs very well for Obama in the general election.” [QUOTE: TPM]
- Two Charts That Should Terrify Republicans | TPMDC (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Rush Limbaugh: GOP Establishment In A Panic Over Santorum (mediaite.com)
- Republicans say Obama has not created any jobs. They think You won’t check. Here’s the NEW JOBS chart. (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- I Love the Smell of Right-Wing Panic in the Morning (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Santorum ‘Theology’ Quip a Sign of Fear-Based GOP Politics (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- Paul Ryan says under no circumstance would he emerge as GOP nominee (thehill.com)
- Chris Matthews To Panel On GOP Candidates: ‘It’s Panic Time Among Republican Leaders’ (mediaite.com)
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: President Obama’s Budget Hits the Mark Despite the GOP (huffingtonpost.com)
- Why Republicans Usually Win On Social Issues (And Why This Helps Rick Santorum) (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
1. Drop Out Now, Romney!
Ouch. Despite a big cash advantage and frontrunner status, Mitt Romney managed only a third-place finish in last night’s primaries in Mississippi and Alabama—losing to Rick Santorum in both contests. Has the former governor gone from inevitable to unelectable? The Daily Beast’s Paul Begala on another sign that voters just don’t like Mitt. Plus, Howard Kurtz, Patricia Murphy, and more contributors weigh in on the results.
Read it at The Daily Beast
via The Cheat Sheet.
Sam Stein March 14, 2012 at 12:12am
WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney has always pitched himself as a numbers guy. His business background and balance-sheet savvy are cited as evidence of candidate well steeped in economic matters. His time…