Click Link Below
The House of Representatives, led by a majority of Republicans, voted 234-192 today to extend the payroll tax cut and speed the process for government approval of the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline.
President Obama has said he would veto the measure, which attaches pipeline approval to the payroll tax cut, setting up further brinkmanship before Congress’ holiday recess begins at the end of the week.
Congress had been debating the payroll tax cut extension and a spending bill that must pass in order to keep the government funded after Friday and avoid a shutdown. [QUOTE: CNN]
- US Chamber Gloats About Keystone XL Poison-Pill Lobbying Spree (thinkprogress.org)
- Keystone pipeline a tough decision for Obama (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- It’s Not Over Yet: Keystone XL Resurrected, Tied to Payroll Tax Cut (throughagreenlens.com)
- State Department will not accept arbitrary deadline from Congress on Keystone XL (dailykos.com)
- Obama Administration: GOP Keystone XL Poison Pill Would Force A Permit Denial (thinkprogress.org)
Grover Norquist, head of Americans for Tax Reform (ATR), appeared on Meet the Press (NBC) yesterday and was questioned by the host, David Gregory. He cowardly refused to admit the power he holds over Republicans in both houses of Congress–which is essentially a lie–and he voiced his delusions of what he thinks the American people want and do not want. More lies. When David Gregory told Norquist that 53% of Republicans support raising taxes on the rich, Grover could offer no rejoinder. As he always does, he spouts mumbo-jumbo which is in effect meaningless. Also, he refuses to acknowledge his role in the failure of the so-called Super Committee the other day.
Grover Glenn Norquist is a right-wing, Republican lobbyist allied with similar-minded lobbyists and powerful industries, for example, tobacco. Take a few minutes and have your eyes opened by this exposé of Norquist and Americans for Tax Reform. Grover appears on television like he is a player with clean hands as he lies to us about his motives and who he truly represents. He never explains what goes on beyond his tax pledges. How they are enforced? Why they are so feared? How does he take down legislators who defy “the pledge?” My US representative and two US senators refuse to answer my inquiries about their signed and witnessed career-long pledges of allegiance to Grover Norquist which is stronger than their allegiance to the welfare of the voters of our state. Grover you are not the innocuous do-gooder you put yourself out to be! God deliver us from Grover Norquist!
- Grover Norquist and His Empire (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- The Ballad of Grover Norquist (barkinginthedark.wordpress.com)
- Guess Who Subverts the Oath of Office of the US House (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Gop Unlocks the Norquist Tax Pledge! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- GROVER NORQUIST’s OFFICE THREATENED TO BE BOMBED…I can’t imagine why? (right!) (bonjupatten.wordpress.com)
Daily Cartoon from CartoonStock.com
� original artist c/o CartoonStock.com – unauthorised reproduction is illegal
Like this cartoon ?
License this cartoon for
print use, web or presentation use.
Buy this cartoon on a mug, mousemat or t-shirt.
Buy this cartoon as a print or original artwork.
19 November 2011 Last updated at 23:21 ET Help
- Obama meets Chinese PM at summit (bbc.co.uk)
- China Counters U.S. Concerns on Sea Trade as Wen Meets Obama (businessweek.com)