Former Rep. Bob Walker (R-PA) appeared on Chuck Todd‘s news show, “Daily RunDown” (MSNBC) this morning and defended Newt Gingrich‘s racist comments on the Palestinian people. He and Newt feel that it is so important to “out” the Palestinians as Arabs. Chuck Todd tried to get Walker to realize that all of our labels are manmade and to question who gets to decide which and when labels are applicable…and just. Walker went on with his mission to justify Newt Gingrich’s insult that said the Palestinians are an “invented people.” Here we go, again. Republicans delight in trying to be the arbiters of right and wrong. They reserve all judgments to themselves and, even, ignore the will of Republicans who might support them. They will lose in November 2012. The American people have had enough of racism, gridlock voter suppression and refusing to pass laws that will create jobs and reform and revitalize our economy. The 14 million unemployed Americans will vote to re-elect Barack Obama as President of the United States.
- Debate 2.0: Romney and Gingrich surrogates attack (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Axelrod, Biden Take Shots At Gingrich (huffingtonpost.com)
- Republican presidential race 2012: Should Newt Gingrich’s marriages matter? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Is Gingrich the next Reagan or Goldwater? (theglobeandmail.com)
ROMNEY vs GINGRICH
ON THE MOON
Although most Americans(including most Republicans) have indicated in polls that they want taxes raised on the TOP 1%–the rich in America— Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in the Senate and Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor in the House continue their campaign to insulate highly profitable corporations and the wealthy from the economic hardships being experienced by 99% of Americans who do the real sweating of labor and dying in war to keep the United States at the front of global politics and economy. The 99% give so much more than their fair share of the national effort. They earn their money the old fashioned way: They sweat and toil. No derivatives! The Republican leaders with cold unfeeling eyes still refuse to tell us why they refuse to require the TOP 1% to carry their fair share of the load. It can’t be solely about large campaign contributions because Democrats receive them, too. There must be some secret Republican plan so vile and monstrous that it would rock the nation if revealed. Yesterday, a reporter confronted Speaker of the House, Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) with the one question that we all ask: “Why do you protect the TOP 1%?” Without a pause Boehner mumbled a quip, turned and walked away from the camera refusing to be accountable to the people who “hired” him. Are Republican leaders above the people? They are the faces of untold special interests who have led this country to ruin for 30 years. Disgraced ex-Speaker Newt Gingrich taught them how to govern this way years ago. Now, Newt seeks title and ultimate power. He wants the power of the world’s only super power and the title of President of the United States. WE MUST DENY HIM AND HIS REPUBLICAN CRONIES WHO TURN A DEAF EAR TO THE VOTERS WHO PUT THEM IN OFFICE AND NOW SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES. Surely, the framers of the Constitution gave us the means to remove them from office. Surely there is some Abramnoff-esque obscure law, rule or procedure that we can use to reclaim the Congress and restore its honor. It will take a bi-partisan effort of great thinkers, movers and shakers to plot their destruction. And, the time for them to begin that work is NOW! McConnell, Boehner and Cantor think that they are unstoppable. But, God is always on the side of goodness and has promised to help us. It may have been awhile, but, let us all renew our faith in the true God and pledge our lives and our country to doing His will. Pray for His guidance in restoring the middle-class and the character upon which America was founded. We were created to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The greedy and corrupt among us have brought nothing but misery to us, the 99%, and ever-increasing profits for themselves, the 1%. Let us be comforted by these words from the Bible: “Money is the root of all evil.” Jesus Christ will destroy all evil and bless us. In His name we ask for divine assistance in getting our country back! Those who do evil in the dark to accumulate money and call on God’s name in the light, will hear Him say, “Depart from Me. I never knew you!”
- Hypocrisy and Out Right Lies… (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Response to the Republican Debate, Mr. President (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Time’s Up, Top 1%….Time to Create Those Jobs You Promised! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Republican Leader Wants To Call Obama’s Bluff (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fox News Sunday: Mitch McConnell Admits CFPB Hostage-Taking (crooksandliars.com)
$1T-plus spending bill taking shape in Congress
St. Petersburg Times
Mon, December 12, 2011 12:00:00 AM CST
Chris, I agree with your lead that Newt Gingrich is a bomb thrower who will say anything to anybody if it suits his purpose. I send you this Newt, “the Bomb Thrower”, cartoon and hope it gives you a chuckle as you remember the substance:
I just heard a popular pundit call Newt Gingrich “a bald face liar” on cable TV. This was her response to hearing sound of Newt lying to himself about why he resigned as Speaker of the House. How stupid and ill-informed does Newt think the American voters are? Why my morning began with a sound byte of Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina admitting that the plot to force the hated (sic) Speaker out of office began in Senator Graham’s office. Six hours later I watched Newt nervously spin a yarn about his disgraceful departure from the Congress and his punishment for wrong-doing in the form of a $300,000 fine. I wish a psychiatrist would come forth and explain how more than one truth of a situation can exist in that enormous head of Newton Gingrich. [Note: Only a big head could contain Newt’s super-size ego. Someone is working overtime to keep this monster ego fed!] I recall that some time today I used this graphic in which Newt promises that he cheats but he does not lie:
Also, I laughed when I heard Newt’s defense of marriage with a pledge of fidelity to his current wife swearing off future divorces. Newt, your wife may be the only one, if any, who believes you. ONCE A CHEATER…ALWAYS A CHEATER. In Saturday’s debate your adultery was made an issue…an issue you continue to minimize relative to you but one which you seized upon in the Bill Clinton impeachment. So, morality is for us lesser mortals. Right? Let’s watch contemporaneous Newt:
Newt Gingrich Schools Chris Wallace on Clinton Impeachment
As I write this writer, Judson Phillips (@JudsonPhillips) is making a case for ignoring Newts sins and flaws and questionable history and beliefs “BECAUSE NEWT IS THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE ROOM.” Someone said that the line between super intelligence and madness is very thin. (Hence the call for a medical professional.) Judson, there have been a lot of smart men in history who have been given power and caused great harm to the world. (Newt could give a lecture.) We cannot trust a man who is not proven honorable and trustworthy. Sorry, Newton! That is why “Tricky Dicky” had to leave office as President. Lightning does strike twice in the same place!
- A Rare Politician, “Newt Gingrich Is A Lousy Human Being” (mykeystrokes.com)
- WATCH: Chris Matthews’ Newt Gingrich Theory (huffingtonpost.com)
- Newt Gingrich: Palestinians Are ‘Invented’ People (huffingtonpost.com)
- Newt Gingrich Claims The Palestinians Are Make Believe (buzzfeed.com)
Celebrity “historian”, Newt Gingrich, has made remarks on the peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians, who Newt call “an invented people. Only a candidate for the presidency, Newt’s comments could undermine decades of diplomacy in the area where the two people still trade bombs over the border. Inflamed passions could continue until the Republican Convention in Florida which is heavily Jewish and has survivors of the Holocaust. Newt takes pride in speaking his mind, no matter who may get hurt. He imagines this is a characteristic of being strong. 😦
- It takes big “brass balls” to say you were paid $1.6 Million dollars to be a “historian” only to have to walk that ludicrous statement back due to non-belief and outrage
- It takes big balls to gleefully tell South Carolinians that you made $60,000 for your speech which is more money than half of them make in a year
- It takes big balls to promote yourself as a Washington outsider after being a disgraced Speaker of the House who has profited so much from just having had the job (which makes one the ultimate Washington insider)
- It takes big balls to use a bully tactic and call an opponent “timid”
- It takes big balls to commit adultery and to get a divorce knowing HISTORICALLY how Jehovah feels about the two subjects
- It takes big balls to announce a power grab that reverses civil rights of minorities a year BEFORE the Presidential election
- It really takes big balls to tell another human being they were “invented”!
- It takes big balls to want to be a REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT yet ignore polls that say most REPUBLICANS want taxes raised on the TOP 1%
IF THE WALLS COULD TALK, THEY WOULD SAY,
“NEWT GINGRICH HAS SUPER-SIZE BALLS!”
TELL US, NEWT: DO YOU? WE KNOW YOU “DON’T LIE” 🙂
“Gingrich Tough on Women, Gays in the Military”
- Newt: ‘I’ve Made Mistakes’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Newt Gingrich Struggling For Women’s Vote (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gingrich Targeted At Lively GOP Debate (huffingtonpost.com)
- News Desk: Newt, the Jews, and an “Invented” People : The New Yorker (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
Daily Cartoon from CartoonStock.com
� original artist c/o CartoonStock.com – unauthorised reproduction is illegal
Like this cartoon ?
License this cartoon for
print use, web or presentation use.
Buy this cartoon on a mug, mousemat or t-shirt.
Buy this cartoon as a print or original artwork.