Republicans charge Democrats with “fighting divisive class wars” when they are the ones actually playing that game. They think that if they say it loud and long enough, you might begin to believe it. Republicans control the House through raw voting power. They love to quote the technical truth that Democrats control the Senate. But, the real truth is that because the Senate did not change the “60 vote rule” on major legislation (last January) and because of Republican-Partywide obstruction in Congress, Democrats can get little done. When did obstruction become such a virtue? So, although there is no outcry in the media, we have a do-nothing Congress! We also, have a media so starved for news that do not hold politicians’ feet to the fire and call a spade a spade. Republicans refuse to negotiate with Democrats so all legislation written by either party is for naught. Rules and history don’t help get the people’s business done, either. Our forefathers gave us a divine framework upon which to build a successful country. It is “divine” because it contains the ability for us to make changes as necessary over time. In these sad economic times where 1% of the country has all the wealth, power and promise, and no interest in the welfare and happiness of anyone not in their class, it is incumbent upon the other 99% of Americans to “occupy” the halls of their state and federal governments and use every legal means to force the good and democratic changes that will return the country to the descendants of the men and women who have always done the hard labor of working and dying for America, and global democracy, of late. Too many of us are sitting on our couches and watching the world go by. As journalist, Chris Matthews says, “We take our tax cuts and we don’t have to die for America.” [Not verbatim] GET OFF YOUR ASS AND FIGHT FOR AMERICA! FIGHT FOR GOVERNMENT THAT WORKS! FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE OF AMERICA AND YOUR GRANDCHILDREN! It’s all slipping away. Believe me. Don’t wake up one day and say, “If only…”
Your Weapon of Choice
SUPPORT ELIZABETH WARREN!
Daily Cartoon from CartoonStock.com
� original artist c/o CartoonStock.com – unauthorised reproduction is illegal
Buy this cartoon on a mug, mousemat or t-shirt.
Buy this cartoon as a print or original artwork.
President Obama is running for re-election with a campaign to restore the middle-class after thirty years of high profits for the TOP 1% and a severe decline in wages for the people who do the real work in this country—the 99%! We were promised that theory of trickle-down economics would solve our problems. Nothing has trickled down in decades. The so-called “job creators” are enjoying their low tax rates given to them to create jobs while they refuse to invest in the domestic economy and hire the 14 millions of Americans who have no jobs. Through their surrogates an ALL-REPUBLICAN, anti-Obama war is being waged to prevent the passage of the American Jobs Act which the CBO calculates would create millions of jobs. Only one candidate, Sen. Ron Paul, spoke of the dire consequences we experience because of income inequality. It is clear that the other candidates are enslaved to the welfare and fortunes of the rich—the TOP 1%! Our future can only be secured my across-the-board Democratic wins in November 2012! Democrats. We work for the common man.