by Stephen Dinan
CLICK LINK BELOW:
Well, “Big Oil” gets to keep their billions in subsidies and yesterday all of our US Senators kowtowed to Grover Norquist who you may not know. [Search for the name of this site.] So now the “Top 1%” of the population, a/k/a the rich, get to keep billions in tax cuts to which they are not entitled. EVERY REPUBLICAN SENATOR VOTED “NO” ON THE “BUFFETT RULE” ALONG WITH ONE DEMOCRAT. I had begged my two Republican Senators to do the right thing, be fair and vote “Yes.” I appealed to their better nature in vain. The polls show that a majority of Americans and a majority of Republican voters wanted the Senate to pass the “Buffett Rule.” The current crop of US Senators are not doing the job we sent them to Washington to do. They refuse to do the will and the people and should not be paid. They are so entrenched that they don’t have the decency to resign for failure to respect their oath of office. WE, THE PEOPLE, MUST REMOVE CURRENT REPUBLICAN SENATORS AND THAT LONE DEMOCRAT FROM OFFICE! We have to find the ones that are incumbents and mount grassroots campaigns to vote them out of office. We want a Congress that works. Not one that promises another threat of a government shutdown in December. WE MUST NOT LET THEM RUIN ANOTHER CHRISTMAS!
What’s your Buffett number?
Just enter a few pieces of information about your taxes, and see how many millionaires pay a lower effective tax rate than you.
- Did you email your US senator and US Rep. about the “Buffett Rule” as the President Asked? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Pass the Buffet Rule by Daily Kos (socialactions.net)
- Obama calls for tax-the-rich policy, tells FAU students Tweet your congressman. (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Sen. Murray: Buffeting the very rich (seattlepi.com)
- Exclusive: Sen. Marco Rubio Criticizes Obama, So-Called “Buffet Rule” (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Grover Norquist: Mitt Romney will reject ‘Buffett Rule’ (dailykos.com)
White House White Board: The Buffett Rule
- White Board: Brian Deese on the Buffett Rule (whitehouse.gov)
- Obama: Buffett rule not a redistribution of wealth (heraldonline.com)
- Would the Buffett Tax “stabilize our debt and deficits”? (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- The Buffett Rule vs. The Romney Rule (dailykos.com)
- Obama Hoping For `Serious’ Talks On Deficit — After The Election (forbes.com)