HUFFINGTON POST By Rev. Al Sharpton The justice system. We often like to think that in a great democracy like ours, we are all equal under the law no matter what our personal or financial background. The reality is, that while we may have a right to an attorney and a day in court, our judicial system is far from perfect. Too often, those with money and power can avert harsh sentences, while the poor find themselves receiving maximum time and penalties. This aspect of economic inequality — one where a 16-year-old teenager can drive drunk, kill four people and receive no jail time because he allegedly suffered from ‘affluenza’ — is one of our greatest remaining challenges. Financial disparity within our judicial system isn’t a notion of the past; it is ever present today. And perhaps nothing serves as more of a stirring reminder of this grave injustice than the very case of this teen, Ethan Couch, who has forever shattered the lives of many and received nothing but a virtual slap on the wrist. FULL ARTICLE
- Donald Trump: The Day After, By Issa Aremu paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… 4 hours ago
- The latest The Donald Trump Anti-Tribune! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… Thanks to @vulture 4 hours ago
- The latest The Democrats 2017 DNC GRASSROOTS Daily! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… Thanks to @human156 @CheriJacobus @ATXKrystal #onward #breaking 5 hours ago
- Democrats, Consultants and Wasted Money observer.com/2017/04/democr… 5 hours ago
- Every Time We Celebrate Black Leaders, I Quietly Fear Violence bustle.com/rule-breakers/… #blackempowerment 6 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- "LeBron James’ Penis Exposed During NBA Finals — Fans Freak Out"
- "Melania Trump: from nude supermodel to first lady? (w/video)"
- Small Government or Big Government?
- "Chuck Schumer to vote against Iran nuclear deal"
- 2 HOURS 'TIL GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN
- JUSTICE via ANTONIN SCALIA - Cartoon #8
- Filibuster Cartoon #16
- "Rouhani: Iran not a threat, sanctions are 'violent'
- Daily Show: Sir Archibald Mapsalot III & Saving Jon Stewart. . .from himself!
- The NRA,The KKK and the GOP - Cartoon #3