[A sitting governor subs for Bill O’Reilly on Fox?]
THE LAST WORD WITH LAWRENCE O’DONNELL
by Nick Ramsay
If you paid attention to conservative pundits and politicians leading up to the elections, it’s like they were living in a different reality. Polls meant nothing and there was simply no possibility the president could get re-elected.
But the results on Election Day served as a Rewrite to those pundits and politicians.
On Friday’s special edition of The Last Word, MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell highlighted some of those who predicted a major Romney victory:
- Karl Rove: “I think Romney gets 279 to 281 or 286 in the Electoral College.”
- Newt Gingrich: “My personal guess is you are going to see a Romney landslide, 53% plus in the popular vote, 300 electoral votes plus. And we may come very close to capturing control of the Senate.”
- Rush Limbaugh: ”You know, all of my thinking says Romney big…it’s not even close. Three hundred-plus Electoral Votes for Romney.”
- Glenn Beck: “321 votes!! That’d be great, which would be a mandate, giant giant spankin’ — that’s huge!”
- Dick Morris: “Romney will win in a landslide.”
- Gov. John Kasich: “Honestly think that Romney is going to carry Ohio.”
- Sen. Rob Portman: “Once this election’s over and I believe Mitt Romney is going to win Ohio and, therefore, I think he is likely to be our next president.”
- Dennis Miller: “I think Mitt Romney’s winning. I don’t believe the polls. I don’t believe the hacks. I think he’s in great shape.”
Continue reading ““Romney cheerleaders: Living in an alternate reality?””