HUFFINGTON POST By Rev. Al Sharpton The justice system. We often like to think that in a great democracy like ours, we are all equal under the law no matter what our personal or financial background. The reality is, that while we may have a right to an attorney and a day in court, our judicial system is far from perfect. Too often, those with money and power can avert harsh sentences, while the poor find themselves receiving maximum time and penalties. This aspect of economic inequality — one where a 16-year-old teenager can drive drunk, kill four people and receive no jail time because he allegedly suffered from ‘affluenza’ — is one of our greatest remaining challenges. Financial disparity within our judicial system isn’t a notion of the past; it is ever present today. And perhaps nothing serves as more of a stirring reminder of this grave injustice than the very case of this teen, Ethan Couch, who has forever shattered the lives of many and received nothing but a virtual slap on the wrist. FULL ARTICLE
- The Heat on "Stand Your Ground" is out! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… 9 hours ago
- ABC News – Breaking News, Latest News, Headlines & Videos abcnews.go.com/Politics/ 13 hours ago
- The latest The Donald Trump Anti-Tribune! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… Thanks to @dishisno1 @bizzylady2 @2havefun72… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- The latest The Democrats 2017 DNC GRASSROOTS Daily! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… Thanks to @jamesbPDog @13abc @logman83005492 #smartnews 15 hours ago
- Democrats haunted by ghosts of Obama’s DNC politico.com/news/2021/01/1… 15 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- "LeBron James’ Penis Exposed During NBA Finals — Fans Freak Out"
- United Nations Day Cartoon #6
- Christian Cartoon #10
- CLIMATE CHANGE CARTOON #3
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Holiday
- A SURPRISE FROM FOX NEWS
- "What would Dzhokhar Tsarnaev face in Supermax prison?"
- Christian Cartoon #2
- Daily Show: Sir Archibald Mapsalot III & Saving Jon Stewart. . .from himself!