For awhile, Rick Santorum lectured us on what the nuns taught him….gave him his personal view of things. IMHO, Rick is totally Catholic where it is easy for him to lie to us and then go to Confession and get his sins excused. Rick wants us to stop asking questions about what he said on contraception, sex, birth control, “the sexual realm (whatever that means) and gay rights. IMHO it is reasonable to believe that Rick Santorum may have reminded his lawyer wife about the Bible‘s role of a wife and made her submit to his request to go on CNN and try to save his ass. It is just possible, I say As it is now, he is free to reverse what his wife said, should his fantasy of becoming President occurs.
- Santorum Shuts Down His Big Mouth on Contraception! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- It’s So Sad… (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Hey, Rick Santorum, Have You Heard of Diplomacy? I Guess Not.😦 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Karen Santorum: Rick is not ‘anti-women’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Rick Santorum’s Wife Says He’d ‘Do Nothing’ About Contraception If Elected (huffingtonpost.com)
- Karen Santorum on Rick being “anti-women”: “Not at all…Rick was the one who was home changing diapers” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Thoughts on Santorum’s views on the role of women in society (craigmconsidine.wordpress.com)
Sarah Palin enjoys the glory of being the most influential Republican woman in the country. With that “glory”, Sarah, there goes a lot of responsibility. Instead of championing the rights of women, you, Sarah Palin, condone Rush’s sick sex-laden abuse of women. Now, in the public mind you support debasing innocent women and fantazing about their sex lives ON THE RADIO. Rush even asked for Sandra Fluke to post sex tapes of her on the Internet so he people like him can see them. I wonder why? Masturbation? The depth and intracacies of Limbaugh personal attack on Sandra Fluke demands a court settlement of at least one billion dollars! Rush can use his other billions to get the help he has avoided for 20 years!
Studies have shown that children of abuse go on to marry partners who will abuse them. Is that what is going on behind Limbaugh’s public denigration of women…and Sarah Palin’s complicity? Witness the video. Clear Channel and those advertisers who finance this ongoing scandal (20 years) are complicit in lowering the role of women in our society. Yesterday, Ed Schultz of “The EdShow” (MSNBC) said that 45 advertisers have chosen to stand for decency and quit Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh’s ego won’t let him admit the true number. It is time for Sarah Palin to stop thinking about her self-aggrandizement and use her platform to lift women up…not to take part in making American women victims of unspoken marital and family abuse. Not so secret public abuse?
Women, there are a lot of organizations who help women who are victims of abuse. Now, I am not diagnosing or making any claims about any particular woman. However, I did find many of these sources in Wassila, AK:🙂
Call for help if you’re a victim of abuse. 800.621.HOPE(4673).
We Have the Resources You Need, Emotional, Financial, and Life Help
We’re here to help you. Just call or email us.
Search below and find all of the Women’s Shelters in Wasilla AK. We have listed all of the Battered Women’s Shelters, Family Shelters, Domestic … If you know of a shelter in Wasilla which we do not have listed, please help us add to our …
therapists.psychologytoday.com › … › Matanuska Susitna CountyWasilla Alaska – Counselor
They can help with children as victims of domestic violence,support for battered women and referrals to shelters inWasilla, Matanuska Susitna County, Alaska …
Alaska Substance Abuse Agency – Alaska Division of …
Alaska Human Services of AnchorageAK Substances abuseservices … 0Alaska Womens Resource Center of Anchorage AK
- Sarah Palin ‘Not Closing Door’ to Becoming Nominee – She defends Limbaugh, refused to reveal her pick (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Sarah Palin Defends Rush Limbaugh, Says Apology Was Unnecessary [Video] (jezebel.com)
- Sarah Palin defends Rush Limbaugh over Fluke ‘slut’ scandal (theprovince.com)
- Sarah Palin’s Word Salad of the Day: Apologizing for Limbaugh (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Bill Maher Defends Rush Limbaugh (thinkprogress.org)
- Shocker: Sarah Palin defends Rush Limbaugh’s slut crusade (dailykos.com)
- Video: Female Democratic lawmakers refuse to speak out against Bill Maher’s misogynism (hotair.com)
- Sarah Palin Talks Super Tuesday And Her Presidential Plans On…CNN (mediaite.com)
- Sarah Palin won’t say who she voted for – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh. Repeat: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh. (popwatch.ew.com)
So here’s the latest in the GOP’s attack on women’s health:
Rush Limbaugh is now leading the charge, waging a series of ugly attacks on a Georgetown law student named Sandra Fluke, who bravely testified in Congress to protect a woman’s access to contraception and preventive care.
His response? He called her a “slut” who “wants to be paid to have sex,” adding, “she’s having so much sex, she can’t afford the contraception.” He neglected to mention that Sandra was testifying about her friend who was denied birth control she needed in order to stop ovarian cysts from growing.
Displaying a stunning lack of leadership, Mitt Romney wouldn’t denounce Rush’s point of view, saying, “I’ll just say this, which is, it’s not the language I would have used.”
Our President — on the other hand — called Sandra yesterday to thank her for speaking out for women.
As Democrats, we rally around and support the people who put themselves on the line for the things we believe in. Right now, we need to stand with Sandra.
The attacks coming from the GOP on women’s health are way over the line — and very dangerous.
Mitt Romney has come out in support of the “personhood” amendment, which would have outlawed some forms of birth control and even in-vitro fertilization. Rick Santorum declared contraception is “harmful to women.” It’s happening at the state level, too, like the bill Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell is about to sign into law that will force women considering abortions to have ultrasounds, and require doctors to ask them if they’d like a picture.
If we don’t speak out, it’ll continue.
We didn’t fight as hard as we did for health care reform just to have key progress for women repealed by GOP politicians, like the Blunt-Rubio amendment would have done. And we didn’t fight as hard as we did for women’s rights just to have radio “entertainers” like Rush Limbaugh viciously attack women who stand up for the care they need.
Rush Limbaugh said Sandra’s parents should be ashamed of her. President Obama told Sandra that her parents should be proud.
We’re proud, too, because she’s fighting for all of us.
Stand with Sandra and everyone else who’s fighting for women’s health today:
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Democratic National Committee
This is just pathetic. Any decent human being should have the courage to outright denounce Rush Limbaugh’s vile attacks on Georgetown law student and women’s rights activist Sandra Fluke.
But even after Limbaugh called Fluke a “slut” and a “prostitute”, all Republican leaders can do is offer B.S. responses.
Mitt Romney: “I’ll just say this, which is, it’s not the language I would have used.”
Rick Santorum: “He’s being absurd, but that’s you know, an entertainer can be absurd.”
Finally, Speaker Boehner, refusing to speak for himself, had his spokesman say only that Rush’s words were “inappropriate.”
Tomorrow, Republican Leader Cantor will have a national platform on “Meet the Press” to finally outright condemn Limbaugh. Let’s make sure he knows we’re watching and we won’t let him weasel out of this one.
Sandra Fluke is an inspiration to all of us who stand up for women’s access to health care and our right to make our own health care choices. We can’t let the right-wing get away with these disgusting slurs — and neither should Republican in Congress. Call them out >>
Thanks for standing strong.
Sandra Fluke, a student, and not a public figure has had her good name, character and personal regard and safety assaulted by Rush Limbaugh et als. These men have first amendment rights but, IMHO, that does not include the horrible things said about her to entertain right-wing radio audiences. Entertainment is the dodge these men use to further the aims of conservative Republicans. Daily they spout character assassination to further the efforts of the GOP to destroy Barack Obama, Warrior of the Middle Class. Nothing can un-speak those horrible things said about Miss Fluke. The lost of money is the only recourse to stop these attacks. This matter deserves to be brought to court.
Rush Limbaugh has issued a so-called apology. Rush was not at school the day they taught what makes up an apology:
Definition of APOLOGY
2: an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret <a public apology>
3: a poor substitute : makeshift
Examples of APOLOGY
- The company issued an official apology to its customers for its error.
- Please accept our sincerest apologies for any problems we may have caused.
- He made a public apology for his controversial remarks.
- He refused to accept my apology.
- We received a letter of apology from the company.
- I made my apologies and left.
IN POPULAR USAGE, ONE HAS TOO REALLY BE SORRY FOR THEIR WRONGFUL ACTIONS. Rush Limbaugh and his colleagues are not sorry, IMHO. They should be forced to give restitution to their victim so she can know some measure of justice. Rush was bold enough to spout his evil on radio but he was not man enough to go on radio or TV and show himself to Miss Fluke and the public the degree to which he was sorry.
In his own words, for 20 years Rush has used invectives to entertain the far-right for which he is the mouthpiece. NO REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE HAS BOLDLY DENOUNCED RUSH LIMBAUGH AND CALLED FOR THE SAME JUSTICE THAT WAS METED OUT TO DON IMUS WHEN HE MISSED USED HIS PLATFORM. How could any of Rush Limbaugh’s advertisers condone what Rush did? They should ask themselves, “Suppose Miss Fluke was my daughter?” Advertisers should be found guilty in the court of public opinion if they continue to support Rush Limbaugh et als.
- Limbaugh Continues Attack on Sandra Fluke, Obama (theroot.com)
- Sandra Fluke vs. Rush Limbaugh: What you need to know, in a nutshell (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Rush Limbaugh: I’ll Buy Georgetown Women ‘As Much Aspirin To Put Between Their Knees As They Want’ (brandtstandard.com)
- Lets Hope Sandra Fluke Files Lawsuit Against Rush Limbaugh (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- “It’s Not Entertainment”: Rush Limbaugh Owes Democracy an Apology (mykeystrokes.com)
- Get WLS to pull Rush Limbaugh’s Show off the air. (socialactions.net)
- Will Sandra Fluke sue Rush Limbaugh for calling her ‘a slut’? – Christian Science Monitor (csmonitor.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Apologizes To Sandra Fluke For Calling Her A Slut (businessinsider.com)
- Rush Limbaugh’s ‘Slut’ Attack Costs Him Advertisers (nymag.com)
- Rush Limbaugh calls a Georgetown University law student a “slut” and “prostitute” (haleybehre.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Bill O’Reilly Attacks Sandra Fluke (huffingtonpost.com)
The following sponsored message from Kelly Ward has been sent to you via Mother Jones.
“What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke [sic] who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex — what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute.” — Rush Limbaugh
Rush Limbaugh is reading this e-mail.
Yesterday, while Rush was launching his latest vile attack on women who dare to speak up for our reproductive rights, he mentioned my e-mail to you on Wednesday night. I’ll spare you the details on his latest misogynistic rant, but it’s clear that he thinks he can shame us into silence.
“The millions of American women who have and will continue to speak out in support of women’s health care and access to contraception prove that we will not be silenced.”
Don’t let Republicans in Congress get away with a “no comment” on Rush’s outrageous smears. Either they’re okay with his vile attacks on women or they’re not.
Thanks for standing strong,
DCCC Political Director
Limbaugh Calls Student Birth Control Activist a “Slut”
The Democrat-controlled U.S. Senate is expected to defeat a symbolic Republican-backed measure today that would exempt Catholic institutions from a White House mandate requiring birth control coverage. The right-wing talk show host Rush Limbaugh made headlines on Wednesday after calling a student reproductive rights activist “a slut” for campaigning in favor of contraception coverage for women. Limbaugh made the comment during a rant on his radio broadcast.
Rush Limbaugh: “What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke [sic] who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex? What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? Makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex, she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex.”
The student, Sandra Fluke, is a third-year law student and a member of the group Georgetown Law Students for Reproductive Justice. She was barred from testimony at an all-male panel on contraception on Capitol Hill last month. The day after her testimony was blocked, Fluke appeared on Democracy Now!
Sandra Fluke: “I strongly believe that our government has to legislate for reality, not ideology. So, if we don’t provide contraception coverage and healthcare, that’s not going to stop anyone from having sex, whether they should or should not be. And we really have to take care of women’s healthcare and not worry about policing their moral choices.”
Rush Limbaugh ‘Slut’ Attack On Georgetown Student Sandra Fluke
Uploaded by TheYoungTurks on Mar 1, 2012
Via Politico: “Rush Limbaugh is under fire for calling a Georgetown University law student who testified on Capitol Hill about contraception a “prostitute” and a “slut”…”.* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down. His Current TV interview with Fluke is below.
Cenk interviews Fluke: http://current.com/shows/the-young-turks/videos/cenk-interviews-sandra-fluke-…
- Rush Limbaugh Calls Girl Who Wanted To Testify a “Slut” (inquisitr.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Calls Georgetown Law Student a ‘Slut’ and ‘Prostitute’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Limbaugh Calls Student Denied Spot At Contraception Hearing A ‘Slut’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Rush Limbaugh Calls Woman Who Was Denied Right To Speak At Contraception Hearing A ‘Slut (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cenk Uygur – Host of The Young Turks – “How We Can Change the Media” Posted: 12/13/11 10:15 AM ET – HUFFINGTON POST (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Rush Limp-baugh Calls a Georgetown University Law Student a “Slut” for Wanting to Speak at a Contraception Hearing (bonjupatten.com)
- Limp dick Rush Limbaugh says taking birth control means you’re a slut (dailykos.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Calls Birth Control Advocate a Whore [Dicks] (jezebel.com)