President Obama made a fresh call Tuesday for another round of economic stimulus, proposing to spend more than $25 billion to offer tax breaks to companies to hire workers or pay them higher salaries.
The measure is Obama’s first proposal aimed at addressing the still-weak economy since his reelection and an acknowledgment that though it is no longer a political threat, the nation’s unemployment rate of 7.9 percent remains a significant problem.
This email is from “Team Mitch”
- Small Business Owners for Obama kicks off.
- President Obama’s proposal to extend middle class tax cuts would also extend tax cuts for97% of all small business owners.
- Thanks to small business financing from the Obama administration and the Recovery Act,Dan and Sarah were able to turn their idea into a small business in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Mitt Romney‘s definition of small business includes millionaires and billionaires, law partners, hedge fund managers, and corporate investors.
- The President directs federal officials to offer seasonal firefighters—like the ones currently fighting the wildfires in Colorado—the option of purchasing federal health insurance coverage.
- Republicans voted to repeal all or part of Obamacarefor the 33rd time today.
- And here are 33 reasons why they shouldn’t have.