News from The Hill:
Boehner moves to Plan B
By Erik Wasson
Boehner is not cutting off talks with Obama and told members his “Plan B” is less than ideal.
But he told members that with time dwindling before massive tax increases on all taxpayers occur in January, the House must also have a back-up plan.
President Obama made a fresh call Tuesday for another round of economic stimulus, proposing to spend more than $25 billion to offer tax breaks to companies to hire workers or pay them higher salaries.
The measure is Obama’s first proposal aimed at addressing the still-weak economy since his reelection and an acknowledgment that though it is no longer a political threat, the nation’s unemployment rate of 7.9 percent remains a significant problem.
What’s your Buffett number?
Just enter a few pieces of information about your taxes, and see how many millionaires pay a lower effective tax rate than you.
- Did you email your US senator and US Rep. about the “Buffett Rule” as the President Asked? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Pass the Buffet Rule by Daily Kos (socialactions.net)
- Obama calls for tax-the-rich policy, tells FAU students Tweet your congressman. (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Sen. Murray: Buffeting the very rich (seattlepi.com)
- Exclusive: Sen. Marco Rubio Criticizes Obama, So-Called “Buffet Rule” (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Grover Norquist: Mitt Romney will reject ‘Buffett Rule’ (dailykos.com)